Dependent upon experience, plus benefits
Thames Clippers - Clipper House, Trinity Buoy Wharf, Poplar, London E14 0JY
Tuesday 30th April 2019
This is a brilliant opportunity to join MBNA Thames Clippers, a growing business in which The Head of Engineering will have overall responsibility for the planning, efficient running and management of the Engineering Department and Facilities Department along with the maintenance of all vessels, piers and pontoons.
You will be heavily involved in supporting the growth of the company as we continue to expand; increase our fleet and manage our new dry docking facility.
• be responsible all vessels reliability and ensure they are suitable for service, in line with MBNA Thames Clippers service Objectives and Contractual Commitments;
• ensure all work carried out by the department is of the highest standard, with a strict adherence to the International Safety Management code and MBNA Thames Clippers Safety Management Manual;
• manage the departmental budgets and liaise with a number of other MBNA Thames Clippers departments regarding the planned maintenance of vessels;
• review all technical incidents and investigate to find the root cause, ensure appropriate action is taken and comply with the MBNA Thames Clippers Maintenance policy;
• manage a team of Senior Marine Engineers and Electrical and Mechanical Engineers;
• be responsible for collating and distributing Management Information to the Senior Management Team and MBNA Thames Clippers Board; and
• manage the relationship and performance manage and Contractors to ensure all deadline budgets are met during specific maintenance and docking periods.
We are looking for a commercially aware and efficiency focused engineer with plenty of experience managing and motivating a team. You will have strong project management skills and be able to juggle a variety of projects whilst ensuring the engineering team are managing the planned and unplanned maintenance efficiently, effectively and within budget.
You will have expertise in both structural and mechanical engineering and experience in Safety Management Systems (e.g. International Safety Management Code).
You will be forward thinking with regards to planned maintenance, using your initiative to balance projects and day-to-day work.
We are looking for someone with high standards who can drive change in our way of working. As the engineering team work 24 hours a day 7 days a week, you will need to be available or on call 7 days a week.
Where: You’ll be based Trinity Buoy Wharf Pier just outside our offices at Clipper House, Trinity Buoy Wharf, Poplar, London E14 0JY, a short walk from Canning Town tube or a hop across the river from North Greenwich tube.
About MBNA Thames Clippers
MBNA Thames Clippers, part of AEG Europe, are London's leading River Bus service. Our fleet of high speed catamarans provide commuters and sightseers with a unique way to travel around the capital. We carry around 4 million passengers a year and employ over 320 staff.
So why apply?
Here at MBNA Thames Clippers we have a strong team ethic, we take pride in what we do, and we respect each other which make it a great place to work!
We are an entrepreneurial and growing organisation which was voted “Employer of the Year” at the 2017 London Transport Awards. There is real potential for internal development and promotion within our business and internal succession is one of our core values.
Our employees benefit from free travel on MBNA Thames Clippers, along with a group private pension plan, private medical insurance, life assurance, EAP, ride to work scheme or season ticket loan. We also offer discounts at shops, bars and restaurants at The O2.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and our approach to recruitment and selection is fair, open and based purely on merit. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Head of Engineering
On-Board Customer Service Assistants
Customer Communication Assistants
Masters (Class V)
MBNA Thames Clippers are the fastest & most frequent fleet on the river with departures from major London piers every 20 minutes. Having grown fr...
Time to Apply
The Role: You will be working full time on board our boats serving our customers hot and cold...
Time to Apply
As Customer Communications Assistant at MBNA Thames Clippers you will • Answer incoming...
Time to Apply
The role: We are now recruiting for Class V Masters to join our Crew at an exciting time of...
AEG is a company with global reach. AEG owns and manages over 100 of the world’s leading venues over 5 continents. They host 50 million guests annually during 10,000 events.