29,771 a year plus benefits, increasing to £35,024 on successful completion of 3 months’ probation
Thames Clippers - Clipper House, Trinity Buoy Wharf, Poplar, London E14 0JY
Sunday 2nd June 2019
The role: We are now recruiting for a Charter Master to join our Crew at an exciting time of expansion.
You will be responsible for
• Ensuring the safe navigation and operation of the fleet to the appropriate timetable whilst delivering the highest standard of customer service, liaising with the Senior Master to effectively manage all operational crew members.
• Ensuring the implementation of the Company’s Safety Management System as it applies to vessel operations to provide safe and efficient operation of the fleet.
• To ensure all Charter vessels operate to the highest possible standards, assisting the Fleet and management team ensuring Brand Standards and husbandry are maintained at a consistent high level.
• Liaising with the Head of Fleet, Sales & Catering teams to ensure the client’s needs are met to the highest standard
• Full ownership of the Orion Clipper, ensuring all compliance and certification requirements are met, including dry docking, husbandry, cleanliness and stock availability
• Oversee all Charters, ensuring any additional request are arranged prior to departure specifically relating but not limited to use of a Microphone or on-board screens and background music
We are looking for someone with Class V Master experience who has a genuine desire and ability to work with the public in a front line, customer focused environment
You must be committed and flexible in your approach to work; highly self-motivated with a proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Where: You’ll be based on our boats, which are moored at our offices at Clipper House, Trinity Buoy Wharf, Poplar, London E14 0JY, a short walk from Canning Town tube or a hop across the river from North Greenwich tube.
About MBNA Thames Clippers
MBNA Thames Clippers, part of AEG Europe, are London's leading River Bus service. Our fleet of high speed catamarans provide commuters and sightseers with a unique way to travel around the capital. We carry around 4 million passengers a year and employ over 320 staff.
So why apply?
Here at MBNA Thames Clippers we really value a strong team ethic, we take pride in what we do, and we respect each other which make it a great place to work!
We are an entrepreneurial and growing organisation which was voted “Employer of the Year” at the 2017 London Transport Awards. There is real potential for internal development and promotion within our business and internal succession is one of our core values.
Our employees benefit from free travel on MBNA Thames Clippers, along with a group private pension plan, private medical insurance, life assurance, EAP, ride to work scheme or season ticket loan and childcare vouchers. We also offer discounts at shops, bars and restaurants at The O2.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and our approach to recruitment and selection is fair, open and based purely on merit. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
On-board Customer Service Assistants
Customer Service Assistants - Zero Hours
High Speed Masters
Masters (Class V)
MBNA Thames Clippers are the fastest & most frequent fleet on the river with departures from major London piers every 20 minutes. Having grown fr...
Time to Apply
The Role: You will be working full time on board our boats serving our customers hot and cold...
Time to Apply
The Role: Working on any one of our 22 piers along the Thames, you will welcome all members of the...
Time to Apply
The role: We are now recruiting for Class V Masters to join our Crew at an exciting time of...
Time to Apply
The role: We are now recruiting for High Speed Masters to join our Crew at an exciting time of...
AEG is a company with global reach. AEG owns and manages over 100 of the world’s leading venues over 5 continents. They host 50 million guests annually during 10,000 events.